When it comes to eyeshadow there are times when I’ll push the boat out ever so slightly, but most mornings I just want something that’s quick, simple and fuss free. After a bit of trial and error, I’ve found a technique and some products that help with just that and I find this especially useful when I’m in a rush to get to the office or I look super tired and need a fool-proof way to make me look somewhat awake.
So what do I use…..?
1. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Champagne. This is my all time favourite beige shimmer shadow which is perfect for all skin tones. I like to apply this starting from my lash line and then just up to the middle of the eyelid.
2. Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Banana. For my medium skin tone this subtle yellow matte eyeshadow also works as an ideal base and in this case I blend it from the top half of my eyelid right up to my brow bone. The effect here is great as you get a lovely shimmer along the lower half of your eyelid whilst the matte opens up the rest of your eye. This was you have a day appropriate shimmery eye which isn’t too overbearing for the office.
3. My blending tool of choice is the Zoeva 228 Luxe Crease Brush. This is super soft and fluffy and I use this everyday and can’t recommend it enough.
5. A quick swipe of my By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon along the lower lash line really brings my eyes to life and is my favourite way to wear this beautiful bronze stick eyeshadow.
7. I’ve always gotta curl those lashes with my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers and after a few strokes of my favourite mascara on my top and lower lashes, I’m good to go (see my post on my favourite drugstore mascara here)
All in all I’d say I can do this in about 6 minutes, provided I have everything to hand of course. Not bad hey….?
So what are your fool-proof eye makeup looks? I’d love to know. x